50 Year Facility
The new facility will serve the community for the next 50 years:
- Durable commercial grade materials will be used throughout new and existing areas of the facility.
- Low maintenance materials will be used wherever possible.
- Aging doors, frames and hardware will be replaced.
- All existing windows will be replaced with heavy commercial grade thermal window frames with high performance glass.
- The thermal envelope will be significantly improved with new insulation below the roof deck and at exterior walls.
- More efficient modern mechanical and electrical systems with be provided with lower operating costs.
- New equipment and appliances for the kitchen and specialized teaching areas.
- New cabinetry for all classrooms, labs and vocational spaces.
- Older classroom furnishings will be replaced.
- Computer technology will be supplemented and the network system upgraded.
- Deteriorating and unusable site facilities will be repaired and restored.