Existing mechanical & electrical systems will be replaced with modern systems
Indoor Learning Environment:
- Improved classroom lighting levels and lighting system controls.
- Improved ventilation and indoor air quality.
- Improved acoustics with new finishes and mechanical equipment.
- Upgraded Information Technology (computer/data) distribution systems, and wireless internet capabilities.
Reduced Energy Usage with High Efficiency Equipment:
- New equipment to provide reduced energy consumption over MA Energy code minimum requirements (LEED Certification).
- Convert remainder of Building from electric to gas heat.
- High efficiency boilers and water heater.
- Incorporate heat recovery and ventilation control strategies.
- High Efficiency lighting fixtures.
- Building Management System (web-based) – control system to optimize efficiency.